Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Back in text

The love was always there in my heart - it had been relegated to the dusty corners of my mind, but it was very much there. I would always be handicapped without it. Well, not handicapped perhaps - but I would be like Gabbar without his voice. It took me some free time at work and chance question to after it - something I should have done ages ago...

Was loitering around when my SysAdmin asked me if I knew how to enable telnet on a linux system. Of course I knew - a little pottering about and it all came back to me - /etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart - NO? oops - a little 'find' told me that telnet was ready to go - only I should restart xinetd! Yes - and the two proud hands high in the office you could see were both mine!!

But, I realized this is not enough - I need to be in constant touch with muh baby - linux. And shure enuff, this blog is from Firefox on RH9! I am gunzipping and untarring and configuring and making and installing and all this is sooooooooo much fun!!

Thank God for ttys!
Long Live Linux!!

1 comment:

Finny Forever said...

youre tripping. weird swami post previous. but lookign at u even i could say uve had a bike accident, are a techie and are whacked. just kidding. cheers. i also found one swami - his names patrick of the isle. he IS something. no magic though. just cogitation.