Thursday, August 07, 2008

fun in sin?

I don't know about you - but as of now, I feel there is some fun in sin. or what we consider 'sin'. We can tell ourselves it is 'the society' that has these notions of sin - but if we agree to having 'sin' or 'wrong' in our minds at any level, we are in trouble.

Earlier, I spoke of how Sri Sri says to go beyond gold and good to find god. Today, I got a little more understanding of going beyond the 'good' part.

My conjecture is, and this might very well be an established theory - we like ourselves when we repent. Repentance has a 'good' or 'holy' connotation in our minds. The outward form may be prayer/service to society - anything. As soon as we say to ourselves "I have repented", we are almost doomed to sin again - so we can repent again.

The solution:

a> not to have any doeship
b> not to fall into duality

easier said than done. really.

No comments: